Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fruit Salsa

A few weeks ago we tried this wonderful treat and I loved it. Thought I would share.

2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar

In a large bowl mix all the fruit together. Refrigerate while you make chips. OR buy Cinnamon Pita Chips

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar

To make the chips:
Spray flour tortillas with pam, and coat with cinnamon sugar.
Take two of your coated tortillas and place them together. Make sure the cinnamon sugar sides are facing each other (so it looks like a sandwich).
Cut tortillas into 8 triangles (16 chips).
Place this in the oven on broil until the chips are golden brown.


We quadrupled the batch and it was gone in about an hour and a half! It is great for groups, and you don't feel super unhealthy after.

Notes:
You don't need to add the preserves if you don't want to. The fruit creates enough juice that it's not necessary.
We split the amount of raspberries with blackberries to save money and it was delicious.
We noticed it was harder to eat the salsa if the chips were too flat. So, you could maybe cook the tortillas in muffin tins so the chip is curved. If you find a good trick let me know!

I am having issues getting the picture to come up but I posted it on my photo a day blog you should check it out. The picture doesn't do it justice as all!! CLICK HERE TO SEE THE IMAGE


3 comments:

Tink said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tink said...

I don't know what's worse a lame comment or the evidence left behind that I deleted a lame comment. Why can't it just disappear instead of saying in bold COMMENT DELETED This post was so lame the author had to remove it.

I was going to say, thanks Alishia for the intriguing me with this fruity dessert. I think my kids would love it!

Tink said...

I just realized nobody knows who the author is...I feel the need to delete more.