Saturday, January 19, 2008

Homemade Granola Bars













Granola Bars - the easy way.
These are quicker than going to the store to buy them! (And they taste much better)

4 C. quick oats

1 C. brown sugar

1/2 C. corn syrup or honey

3/4 C. melted butter

1/4 tsp. salt

Mix together and add:

1 C. chocolate chips

1/2 C. sunflower seeds (or any kind of nut you prefer - almonds, peanuts, etc.)

1/2 C. wheat germ (or coconut)

I also added 3 Tbsp. of peanut butter to mine and I think craisins would be a fun addition. You can add and subtract any of the last three ingredients, just be sure to keep the proportions the same. If you just keep adding instead of subsituting, the ratio's will be off.

Line a baking sheet with parchment, (or grease real good, but parchment is much easier). Lightly press mixture into the baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. As soon as the middle starts to bubble, they're done. They will be slightly golden.

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

mMMM. I am definitely going to try those!!

Becky said...

I've had some...they were great. I'll be keeping this recipe!

Anna said...

I made these yesterday and they were GOOD. I did substitute nuts for coconut though.