Monday, October 13, 2008

Fry Bread

Hello Everyone!

Some of you have had this at mom's house when I was visiting. I really love this dough because it doesn't have any yeast so you can fry it just minutes after you've mixed it. This means a healthy dinner in about 15 minutes!! I serve it with canned beans and the fixin's for Navajo Tacos (Mom's style). Enjoy!

2 Cups flour
3/4- 1 Cup water
1T baking powder
1t salt

*Mix until smooth, no need to knead. Make into five balls and roll out to about a 6 or 7 inch round. Dust off any excess flour and fry in hot oil until golden.

3 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

yeah! thanks for posting. Anything we don't have to wait to rise is a good thing, since I am notorious for procrastinating dinner plans until an hour before it's time to serve!

Loraine said...

Thanks for posting this. I loved these! A keeper.

Becky said...

Yay, I just lost my recipe for this and was so relieved to find that is WAS on this site. Thanks Jen. Time for Navajo Tacos, my fav..