Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MMMM...

Yes folks I believe I found another really EASY one! My Co-worker gave me this recipe and she gave me specific brands and everything to abide by, so here you all go.



1 jar Prego Spaghetti Sauce

1/2 package sliced Mushrooms (Andrew thinks we should have used them all)

2 1/2 Johnsonville Italian Sausages (HOT) (I would actually use all 5)

1 box Barillo Penne Pasta

Parmesan Cheese



Mix Prego, Mushrooms and sliced sausages in a pan and let simmer while you cook your pasta. When your pasta is done, so should your sauce...eat them together!



It is enough different that you don't feel like you are eating another spaghetti dinner, AND the hot sausages once they have simmered are not too hot and add a really really good zip to the dish. This should be plenty for a family sized dinner, Andrew and I ended up with over half being leftovers for lunch today. P.S. The Sausages are not cooked when you add them to the sauce, they will cook by the time your noodles are ready.

2 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Love the garnish, D.

Jenni said...

I make something very similar - Matt calls it Italian Junk in a Pan. Try throwing some Asiago cheese in it, too - adds a nice flavor.