Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Complete Awesomness

I am awesome...! Yesterday I made Andrew Halibut, stuffed mushrooms and a fancy peach drink and it was really good! First off I am sharing this Halibut recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. I am not a huge fish eater, but this was so good.

***** - this is my version of 5 stars.

2lbs of Halibut
1 cup mayo
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup monteray jack (shredded)
1 Tbls Ground mustard
1 Tbls Dried Dill


Preheat oven to 350, place halibut in small cassarol dish, mix together remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and spread over the top of the halibut. Bake for 30 minutes. I am telling you folks, this was so good and pretty easy. The only reason it took me a bit was because I had to keep pounding the last of my mayo out of the container and I had to shred my cheese with a puny cheese grater. (oh, and in fact I didn't have enough mayo, so I substituted with ranch, which turned out just fine)

The stuffed mushrooms were awesome too, but I think that recipe I added to our cookbook already, but it is a recipe I also found on allrecipes.com...

The peach drink I got out of a magazine and it was alright, but honestly I would prefer whipped peaches with a little ice cream.

P.S. sorry for my lack of picture, it was quite literally gone before I could take one....mmm we are definitely making that again.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Mmm, sounds yummy. I don't trust the meat down here. Plus Jon is not a fish eater. I'll have to try it sometime when he is working a longer shift or something in rotations.

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I LOVE Halibut. I'll have to give this recipe a try.

And Becky, we are having you over for halibut when you are in town for the summer. Mark your calendar!