Friday, November 2, 2007

Alas, another one...


Okay, I have about had it! I keep finding little things in the cookbook that aren't clear or completely typed wrong. I find this very hard to digest and although I would love to just let it go and hope no one discovers these bloopers, I can't; it would ruin your recipes.

So, the Lemon Poppyseed Bread: I hadn't ever actually made this recipe until today. I tasted it from a friend and she gave me the instructions. On good faith, I just threw it in the book at the last minute.

First of all, it's called "Lemon" Poppyseed and there isn't any lemon in the bread. Hmmm...it seems I did that on a different recipe as well! I remember now that she had a lemon glaze that she put over the top for the lemony flavor. Just make a nice glazey icing using powdered sugar and lemon juice. At least, that's how I plan to do it. I am not sure if there's a better recipe for that sort of thing out there or not.

The other noteworthy addition that should be in the book is the amount. It makes a lot. I used my mini-loaf pans - four of them and still had enough to fill 11 holes in a regular muffin tin. I am thinking this recipe will probably make about 3 loaves of bread, if your pans are of regular size, whereas, most recipes make 2.

No comments: