Monday, October 1, 2007

Typos

Mom's Stuffed Shells. I just made these shells last night and noticed a few flaws in the recipe book. (Luckily I have another copy). It has noted that you need 4 lbs of ricotta cheese, ha ha I don't think any of you would have been fooled, but it is just 1 lb for the record. It also doesn't mention how warm and how long to bake...350 for 35 min. Also I didn't have aluminum foil, so I just added a little more sauce to keep it from drying out, it worked just great.

AND I am very excited to announce that I made my first apple pie yesterday (or at least the first I can remember) and I used apples off the apple tree in our yard. This is very exciting because up until a few weeks ago I had no idea that tree was apple!

3 comments:

Tink said...

Congratulations! What recipe did you use?

Becky said...

That is so funny about your tree. Awesome!

DeAnna said...

I used the recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, it was pretty good.