Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Feta Chicken - It's a keeper


I tried a new recipe tonight - on company! That's always risky. This was really yummy though. Whew!

It's so easy - and serves up beautifully.

Feta Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinaigrette
Italian Seasoning
Seasoned Pepper (I just used black)
1 Roma Tomato
1/4 c. crumbled feta (regular or seasoned)

1. Preheat Hi Broil. Brush chicken with vinaigrette and season both sides. Broil 4 inches from heat for 10 minutes (mine was more like 15), turning once, until liquid is clear when cut in thickest part.

2. Slightly overlap two round slices of tomato on each chicken breast with about a tablespoon of feta on top of the tomatoes. Broil for another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is slightly browned.

Be creative with your platter presentation - these really do turn out pretty.

I didn't have a vinaigrette, but I found this great recipe online that worked really well.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/3 c. water
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1 garlic clove, minced

side note: I just double checked my memory for the recipe of the vinaigrette and lo and behold I totally made it wrong. Haha I omitted the water and replaced it with sugar. HOW DO YOU DO THAT? I'll tell you how - I'm pregnant! I've been calling everything wrong lately, my colors are off, I called the camera a phone the other day, I think sugar is water... It's a little scary actually. ;) To tell you the truth though, I LIKED my version - I'm keepin' it. Sugar = yummy!

2 comments:

Richard Bean said...

That sounds really yummy. I love feta. I wish the rest of my family did. I suppose I could just not tell them it's one of the ingredients...

Becky said...

You can use any type of cheese that is similar, even provolone or mozzarella would taste good with this.