Monday, December 3, 2007

Carillisa's Cinnamon Rolls

Yummy Yummy Yum! You'd think it would be hard not to love cinnamon rolls, but I have had some that just weren't so great. So I am very pleased to announce that for my first attempt at braving the chore of cinnamon rolls they turned out great at weren't as scary as I thought. Although, I wasn't so sure about the full tablespoon of salt. So when I couldn't reach C, I called Mom. I then added the teaspoon which she advised and proceeded to need and roll out my dough as instructed, until I got a call from MSN. It was Mom telling me that it really was a full tablespoon. So THEN, I sprinkled the salt to the rolled dough. I am not sure if she realized that it was already rolled out. The dough seemed a little weak which I attributed to the salts dehydrating effect but didn't really worry UNTIL...I found a thin puddle of "water" which seemed to be leaking in to the pan from the rolls. OH DEAR! I worried and worried that they were going to be soggy bottomed rolls. They looked okay baking, but when I pulled them out I still wasn't sure so of course I had to sample one. Ha ha, I had totally forgotton that C. rolls have a gooey bottom. THEY WERE DELICIOUS - especially the bottoms.
I also tried Jenny's freezing advice. She claimed that if I put them in a zip lock bag ten minutes after frosting them then when I reheated them (completely) they would be like fresh out of the oven. WELL, tried this technique yesterday and she was right - they tasted like they were just baked!
SO thanks to Carillisa and Jenny, and Mom! :)

2 comments:

DeAnna said...

mmmmmm

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Okay...I am in the mood for cinnamon rolls, the kind with the ooey, gooey bottoms!