Thursday, August 23, 2007

Review for Becky's Easy Thai Chicken

This was good and, it would be even better with a little tweaking. Becky and I both agreed that it doesn't need to cook for 8-9 hours. The chicken can handle the time if you're using thigh meat, which I almost never have in hand, but the other ingredients seem to get a little muddied. Funny, it looks muddy too which is why you shouldn't even think of skipping on cilantro, or parsley if you're cilantro challenged. The chopped peanuts also gave it some needed texture. Along with these other last minute touches I think I will add a little more grated ginger to brighten it up. I was surprised to find that the southwestern ingredient salsa, didn't make this less Thai. I'm not an expert on Thai but, there are many Thai restaurants in this neck of the woods. PS Todd really liked this, thank you Becky!

No comments: