Saturday, August 4, 2007

Recipe review

Hi Everyone,

I have had a great time trying new recipes from the family cookbook.
The first recipe I tried was the Cheesy Chicken Soup that Becky submitted. It was comprised mostly of ingredients that I usually have on hand all the time so I can see it becoming a great standby. I think it would also welcome additional ingredients like celery or some fresh herbs. Todd said he would like it even better with pan fried chicken. I agree but, my pallette likes the taste of convenience. Josi was the only kid who liked it. Kali choked it down for dessert.

I also tried Sloppy Joes submitted by Carillisa. I liked it. It was a little sweet because I added too much ketchup. Half a bottle is what the recipe called for which is fine if you hold back a little and taste it before adding more. I liked it even better the next day because the flavors melded. None of my kids would try it.

The next thing I tried was DeAnna's, Easter Egg Breakfast. This was simple and easy so it appealed to my convenience nerve but, it is one of those classic comfort foods that don't need bells and whistles to satisy (although I was tempted to add some fresh herbs to it from my garden,; maybe next time I will). I served this on toasted French bread, good choice. None of my kids would try this, I didn't even offer it because I didn't want it wasted. They just ate their boiled eggs plain.

Thanks for the recipes ladies! I can't wait to try more. Let me know if you have any you think I should start with first.

1 comment:

Becky said...

We tried the Easter Egg Breakfast last night and were amazed at how easily if fills you up! It was rich and yummy. Rissie ate it up, but Lauren said, "I can't like it. It's gross!" I told her Aunt DeAnna and Mr. Incredible like it and that managed to get a couple more bites.
I am glad to now be in the know of perfect egg boiling and a white sauce that doesn't lump or paste.