Saturday, August 18, 2007

JENKINS REVIEWS

I'M IN!! So we love the new recipes we've tried. The one recipe that has captured ALL of us, including Lauren, is Mom's Cheesy "Cluck" Chicken. Jon gave it four stars, but if all of us enjoy it I automatically give it five. I've been investing in new ingredients too, like curry powder, and sesame oil. I made my first curry dish from Jenny's Todd's Curry Chicken and Potatoes. Jon and I really enjoyed it. We give it a four along with the BLT Salad. I have already bought the ingredients to make it again. DeAnna's Easter Egg Breakfast was a very satisfying comfort meal, although Lauren says, "I can't like it. It's gross"(I didn't think she knew that word). We had Gavin's French Toast this morning - without the cinnamon. They were great as usual. I am looking forward to trying out more. I think I will try Betsy's homemade Mac n' Cheese for lunch and the peanut butter bars as soon as there are more people than just my family to eat it with. (Can you imagine the calories? I wouldn't have the time to exercise that off! :)

3 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

FYI: When it comes to the peanut butter bars, there aren't any countable calories. It's a proven fact that the more you love the food, the more the calorie count goes down. If you crave it, it might even reach negative numbers!

Tink said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the BLT salad since I made it up and haven't even tried it yet! I'm still chuckling to myself about how risky it was to make you all my guine pigs! Okay now seriously, what did you decide to do for the dressing?

Becky said...

I wasn't really sold on the dressing. It was okay, but the dietitian in me says it wasn't worth ALL that fat. The Salad in general was really good though. I am surprised I haven't had it before. Clever - and yet so simple and obvious! :) Well done.