Monday, January 17, 2011

Chocolaty Chocolateness!


I would like to call this DEANNA's GREAT MOUND OF CHOCOLATE :p


My favorite Chocolate cake ever is the Great Wall of Chocolate at PF Changs. We don't have PF Changs in Logan sadly and so I improvised. My version comes from a box of Triple Chocolate fudge cake mix baked according to the directions. Frosted with my own raspberry chocolate frosting. I mostly just started adding ingredients until it was right, but if I were to do it again, this is probably what I would add.

1/2 cup raspberry jam (seedless)
1/4 cup Cocoa powder (maybe more)
4-6 cups powdered sugar
2 cubes butter
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Milk, until the right consistency.

Mine turned out a little too thin, so my cake wasn't as stable as I would have liked, but that is okay because....it didn't last long. After frosting my cake I sprinkled the outside with roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate chips.

To top it off I added a raspberry sauce made from bear lake raspberries. I blended about 4 cups of them in the blender adding a little water (about a cup) and about 1 1/2 -2 cups of corn syrup to tone down the tartness.

I saved a few raspberries to put on top and around the sides for "show".

IT WAS DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Yum! Now I just need Bear Lake raspberries...

Tink said...

I love the great wall of chocolate too! Thanks for sharing. Who was the lucky birthday person.