Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Salsa Tacos

YEAH for Salsa Tacos. I made them last night with one small alteration. I used Hungarian partridge and sharp tail meat instead of chicken. AND it was still good. I let the salsa cook with the meat a little longer to disguise whatever odd meat taste may have lingered, but it was a success, Andrew and I couldn't even tell the difference and it was very good. None of you will probably ever have to do this, but I am very excited to find a way to eat all of these foreign meats without having to taste them :) I also found a great crock-pot recipe for the Elk Steak that made it very tender and good. SO, if any of you would like me to share, I will, but I doubted that you would so I will post it upon request.

AND, I think I wanted to add another tip on Grandma's bread casserole. C mentioned that hers was a little dry. I think that when it says to add flour to make it a sort of gravy, it really should say add a little flour to make it more like the consistency of tomato soup. A slightly thick liquid. Otherwise is will be a little dry. Andrew suggested using stuffing instead of bread (Why don't you just have stuffing then?....his response was that stuffing didn't have CHICKEN :)) Celery probably would be a good addition to it as well...if I recall I think I remember Grandma making it with raisins before too...I think I picked them out.

1 comment:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

So, maybe I won't find an elk to cook in a crock anytime soon, but I think you should share anyway. It might work well with other tougher meats that we do use. And I hope you will fix it up for us someday so we can taste the unusual.

We have neighbors that are very big hunters as well and they recommend elk and buffalo meat, but said don't try antelope. Antelope? Are they kidding!?